Off the Pan, Into the Fire

My journey through the realm of raising our sons...

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

First Day on the Job

Me
Yesterday was my first day employed strictly as a stay-at-home dad. I'm off the corporate rolls. Hmm. And what did we do? We went for a ride along the scenic Apache Trail. This is a dirt road, mostly maintained, heading east out of Phoenix that skirts along the Saguaro, Canyon, and Apache Lakes. The desert was green, almost lush, with several wild flower species starting to bloom.

Galen
He's a dream. Three months (almost 4) old and sleeping through the night. Monday night we experienced one of those special events.. I was sitting on the couch with Galen propped up next to me, we were just hanging out. He was gazing around with that little-kid inquisitive look. My wife turned on the ceiling fan and Galen just focused upon the fan and started laughing!! For several minutes we were mesmorized as he had these cool belly laughs - all from a fan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home