Off the Pan, Into the Fire

My journey through the realm of raising our sons...

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Dread, anxiety, fear, and apprehension

It started around 2 PM. I was feeding a bottle to Liam, watching the news, when it hit me. I laid Galen down for his nap wearing underwear, not a diaper. NO DIAPER!!!

I gotta say, through Tuesday & Wednesday Galen has shown great potty-training progress. He can make it though preschool without an accident. He can make it through an afternoon at home without an accident. But after only a few days I have never never attempted a nap without switching over to a diaper, he's just not ready. This could end in one of three ways, two of which are quite benign.

I did not get "benign."

The parents reading this don't need a graphic description. But if there is anyone that doesn't understand:
  1. Place into a blender some hamburger, applesauce, carrots, and food coloring,
  2. puree,
  3. get a cotton handkerchief from your closet or dresser,
  4. pour the puree into the handkerchief and form a ball,
  5. squeeze.
Use your imagination for the odor that the simulation is lacking, maybe something from your last trip to a port-o-potty that hadn't been cleaned in a few days.

Did I ever mention that after eleven years my wife still doesn't let me do laundry?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home