Off the Pan, Into the Fire

My journey through the realm of raising our sons...

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring...

There have got to be parents from the select domain of my high school classmates, whose children flew off to Mexico this past weekend. I can imagine their angst. Is their kid traveling with confidence, enjoying the sensual input of another culture, or a flaky pleasure seeker about to have their entire physical profile displayed on youtube.

Me? Galen is enjoying the same spring break but without the plane ticket away from the parental units. He's right here, vocally, energetically, hungrily. I am enjoying his sweet innocence, but looking forward to the day when he'll get on a plane (or drive) to give me some peace and quite for a few days. And yes, I'll distress over over the balancing wishful ignorance and paranoia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home