Off the Pan, Into the Fire

My journey through the realm of raising our sons...

Thursday, October 04, 2007

What happened??

Today started with such promise. Galen ate most of his breakfast, played with his stuff and let me read the paper, and was mostly attentive when talking with Shanna over the phone.

Then something collided with the morning's promise.

Daddy, play with me.
OK.
Build a castle.
Pass the blocks please.
My blocks, use that one (a single red triangle).
Honey, it takes more than one to build a castle, share those with me.
No, my blocks.
Honey, we need to share blocks to build a castle.
Nooooo, whaaaaa, my blocks, sniffle, sniffle, huff, huff...

And it was a fast and furious ride to a 7:30 AM meltdown, not my favorite way to start the day.

An hour later it's almost as if nothing has happened. The blocks are gone, but he has moved on to drawing. I even got a tooth brushing in. Liam's fed and rolling on the floor. The dogs are hoovering, waiting for drool to happen. Maybe the day has promise after all.

1 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home