Off the Pan, Into the Fire

My journey through the realm of raising our sons...

Sunday, November 16, 2008

I've changed

I've never considered myself overly emotional. While I still feel that way about myself, I gotta say my movie viewing stability has changed. Recently, while Shanna was away, I watched a Showtime movie {title omitted, I take the 5th} . I watched this movie when it first came out and wasn't particularly impressed, OK plot & acting with OK effects.

So why do I believe my stability has changed? Well, I cried.

There were several plot points that forced parents to make some sort of sacrifice to protect their kids. This wasn't a SAW type of movie, these were sacrifices I could relate to, empathize with, and mostly oblige myself to thinking "I'd do that".

Way back when I was a twenty-something, I knew that my "future" kids would make me cry. Little did I know that it would be during a B-movie that they were not starring in...

1 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

K-you gotta tell me what movie! You cna always spill to your little sis!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home