Off the Pan, Into the Fire

My journey through the realm of raising our sons...

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Contemplation of a baker's dozen

St. Patrick's Day has come and gone. For some, it signifies the consumption of green beer. For others, it signifies a dignifies celebration of a Saint of old. For me, for us, it is our anniversary.

In 1997 I was definitely with the green beer crowd. However, there were constraints. I was in pursuit of my bachelor's degree in business administration, that particular date was the first night of Business Law. As I sat and waited for class to begin, watching fellow classmates filter in, in walked a beauty with long dark hair and brown eyes. Life hasn't been the same since.

Shanna & I married a year-to-the-day later. We've had many a joy, and thankfully, not many tribulations. We've spawned some kids, acquired some memories, and had some wonderful adventures.

I like St. Patrick's Day. And I'll have a beer while I'm at it.

2 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Blogger Grandma M said...

We are glad you went out for St Patrick's day several years ago too! Those are beautiful children...of course, I MAY be prejudiced!!!

I can tell stories about a couple of your green beer ventures!

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

A toast of green beer to many, many more fun, scary, wonderful adventures together!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home