Off the Pan, Into the Fire

My journey through the realm of raising our sons...

Friday, April 29, 2011

Fill'er up and move'em out

When the milk is empty, we but another gallon. Truck low on Gas? Stop by the filling station for a few bucks of petrol. We water the flowers, refill the wine decanter, more beer in the fridge, another stick of butter in the tray. For a few bucks, some energy, the vessel is full.

How do I fill up patience? Where do I go for a refill of calm, serenity? How do I get back the reserve needed to not take off Galen's head? How do I keep the steely calm required to defuse and move on? What will prevent me from sinking to their emotional explosiveness?

OK, just saying helped. There is light at the end of the tunnel - at 18, out the door.

2 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Blogger Grandma M said...

Not good thoughts to reflect on for Grandma and Grandpa. How many days will they be here?

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Leland said...

I've had just four days away from the kids in the past year. That 361 days involving decisions, angst, cooking, etc... You'll be fine for such a short time...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home