Off the Pan, Into the Fire

My journey through the realm of raising our sons...

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spring Break


I remember Spring Break break being a magical time, there were woods to explore, school teachers to escape from, endless play, sleeping in.

Why does it exist?

That was all before I was the parent. Ask the kids, hell yes, a break! But to the parent, there is extra oversight, extra cash expenditures, and extra time management, extra food, extra extra extra... Really, why does my 1st grader and a pre-schooler need a whole week away? Do they really need to recharge?

Well, we used that time to visit the Children's Museum, the Science Museum, and the Arboretum. There were also visits to the park, kids off on play dates, and a few lunches out. For the adventuresome, you can clicky clicky to see some photos.

Now I need a Spring Break. Give me a week of crisp mountain air, rugged peaks, bright flowers and I too will be as recharged and relaxed as the kids. But I would admit that a few days on a hot beach, adult beverage in hand, and beach bunnies in sight would go a longs ways...

But I digress, I am happy to settle for the kids being back in school and me with an adult beverage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home