Off the Pan, Into the Fire

My journey through the realm of raising our sons...

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Indooritis

The winter isolation has begun. Well, not a total isolation. We still get out for groceries, transporting Galen to and from school, and Liam's Little Gym time. It's the kids-and-dogs yard time that has been diminished. With the temps below 20 I become a little more indoor orientated. I can't let Galen wonder around outside unsupervised. The dogs make short work of the yard requirements, and Liam won't keep on the gloves.

And in the immortal words of the Grinch, it's the "noise, noise noise noise!" Galen clanging symbols (pot lids) and singing, Liam pounding toys on the floor, and the dogs barking as they wrestle. Any of these alone might cause tinnitus (which I already have). When they all get going, the cacophony is enough to make me wish for the Bose noise-canceling headphones, wrap up in my coat, and escape to our icebox of a garage.

To be fair, there are times when the kids are napping, the dogs are resting, and the house is quiet. Both occasions are joyous and I wouldn't trade them for anything, I just wish the remote would switch it back and forth as desired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home