Off the Pan, Into the Fire

My journey through the realm of raising our sons...

Saturday, September 07, 2013

Road Trip: epilogue

It's amazing how conversant, quiet, and helpful an eight year old boy can be when his brother isn't around. A set of sons is akin to having binary explosives. Each, on its own, isn't particularly dangerous. But when mixed, watch out...

It's been a month, I wonder how much of our trip has been engrained into his memory. But I'll remember. I'll remember the simple joy of his seeing a sky full of stars, nervous antics in a tippy truck, comic exasperation with me calling hale bales "round cows". I'll remember his days exploring, expanding his boundaries, and speaking his mind.

My Land Cruiser isn't sexy, fast, or economical, but it provides an excellent transportation medium to create memories. I'm looking forward to its next trip...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home