Off the Pan, Into the Fire

My journey through the realm of raising our sons...

Sunday, January 06, 2013

We must be doing something right

Christmas has come and gone. The tedious tasks of wrapping, decorating, keeping kids unaware of the bounty they are about to receive is more than offset by the excitement, joy, and smiles on Christmas morning.

We were awake before they were, how & why I'll never know. But we sat on the stairs, watching & waiting for them to rush out of their room. And at 6 AM, they did exactly that. A zoom up, giggle & glee, and then they started looking for us. No shaking, or early present opening. They wanted to get us before beginning the event.

It was glorious! There were no sighs of disappointment, only smiles, giggles, yeas, and a dogged rush to open the next present.

Our biggest surprise, how did we learn we are doing something right? It came from their exclamations. Galen's biggest yelp for joy was upon opening an atlas. Liam's was upon unwrapping a violin.

Somehow they began with the patience to sit for a photo before the mayhem... I love my kids. I love my wife. Life is good...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home