Off the Pan, Into the Fire

My journey through the realm of raising our sons...

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pull your head out of your...

Yep, that's what I told Galen. This morning was fine right up until it was time to walk to school. It was cold, right at freezing, and he didn't want to wear a coat. Why? Well this coat was too tight, and that coat was a rain coat (but it's not), and there were no clean sweatshirts without hoodies, and on and on and on.

Normally I'd be fine, be cold, that's your choice. But since it was freezing I thought it important to at least have a coat available in case he got a dose of common sense. It was sometime during this circular debate that I told him to, "Pull your head out of your ass!"

That got him. His jaw tilted down, his forehead forward, the back of his head up. I could see it, "Huh?"

As soon as it rolled out I knew I oopsed, but I kept on going, glazing over that damnedable silly slip of mine. He finally accepted a coat, but now he was pissing & moaning about backpack space. There was no room, he couldn't make it fit. And I told him, "fine, if you want me to treat you like a baby, I'll treat you like one and load your backpack for you." Guess what? I got the coat in with no hassle at all, there was plenty of room.

Maybe it was me. No, I know it was me. But maybe he needs deprogrammed after our few days at Disney World. Maybe he didn't understand that it was cold out. Who knows. But I pulled a doozie.

And this morning, Liam as ready on time. He was dressed, at the door and ready for us to hit the road.

But I'm waiting, just waiting for him to tell me to pull my head out of my ass. But hopefully he'll just ask me what it means.


1 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Mike Layne said...

I can just see the little guy trying to fit that mental image into his realm of understanding. Metaphor crash course!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home