Off the Pan, Into the Fire

My journey through the realm of raising our sons...

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The conclave

About a week ago my wife and children had a conclave. I wasn't part of, wan't I invited. The outcome was a unanimous declaration: Dad needs a vacation. In other-words, the kids wanted, needed, a few days without me.

The first few seconds was, "what?" Quickly, (within milliseconds) was, "yep," I can do that. And followed even more quickly was, "I know where."

So, I'm going to Albuquerque,

In the fall,

For the annual balloon festival.

Once I stumbled into a balloon festival in Temecula, CA. I saw the beauty of 30 or so balloons tethered to the ground on a foggy morning. Albuquerque offers more, hundreds more. Many consider it's mass ascension to be the pinnacle of hot-air beauty.

And now I get to attend.

Don't get me wrong, I love my children and hesitate to be away from them. I love (lust) for my wife and don't relish a week away from her. But a week watching hot air balloons while not shuttling kids around town, delivering a string bass for orchestra class, doing dishes, cooking meals, and refereeing my children's fights is just fine with me.

So, I offer my thanks to the conclave membership for their vacation mandate. See ya!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home