Off the Pan, Into the Fire

My journey through the realm of raising our sons...

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Parenting? an update continued

Last night I bottled my brew, got 49 bottles. It had ten days of primary fermentation and twelve days in the secondary. I never did take three days of specific gravity readings, I figured it's been long enough to go ahead and cork away. I did make a stupid attempt to read SG last night, right after I had mixed in the carbonation sugar. Doh. But it wasn't an entire waste, that went down my throat. Yummy.

The carboy had about 8 ounces I didn't siphon out, and not too much trub. I like that second fermentation step, makes the brew much more clear. I shook the carboy around quite a bit to pick up the sludge. Made for a foamy-n-cloudy mixture that Natasha loved over her dog food.

1 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent work!

Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home