Off the Pan, Into the Fire

My journey through the realm of raising our sons...

Monday, May 04, 2009

Lee! Could you help me?

It was a beautiful spring evening and I was in the middle of the cul-de-sac, walking Boris around while watching Galen play with "his kids." I heard a voice from behind, "Lee! Could you help me?" I turned to Shanna and she started about the washing machine and water softener hoses being...

At this point I must relate back to last Friday evening. My latest batch of Irish Stout is about ready to bottle, a few cases worth of bottles needed to be sanitized. A few batches ago I realized that the utility sink in the laundry room would hold about half the bottles at a time - it greatly eased & sped up the time needed to sanitized batches of bottles. However, while doing so I move the washing machine and water softener hoses out of the sink.

Yep, you know where this is going. I had forgotten to replace the hoses, probably a result of drinking home brew while cleaning bottles.

So, instead of watching the glorious interaction of children I was moving a freezer, shelves, and the detritus that collects in a laundry room. I hope I learned something.

1 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Shanna said...

I hope I learned something too. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home