Off the Pan, Into the Fire

My journey through the realm of raising our sons...

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Baby Signing, Rugs, and Political Ranting

Based upon my Mom's suggestion, we are thinking about teaching Galen baby sign language. Mom let me know of the success my sister & brother-in-law have had with their kids. Last night I attended an "Introduction to Baby Signing" class. The class was facilitated by Jenny Hodges, the Arizona District Manager for Baby Signs and derived from the same titled book by Linda Acredolo and Susan Goodwyn. I got to learn some fun songs, see other parents' fumbling hands, and here all the buzz...

Have you ever done something and wondered why it took you so long to do it? We had one of those moments over the weekend. Sunday we purchased a living room rug. Yes, a rug gave me that feeling. Why? I was wanting to leave Galen on the floor, and the living room is tile, kinda hard for his noggin. So now I lay a towel on the rug (to catch drool, etc), lay Galen on the rug, and he gets more room to roll around and try to develop his crawling skills. The crawling is more like plowing, but he's getting there.

Oh, and the rug feels great to the feet...

So, maybe being fat isn't so bad after all. But I still wanna lose some of the extra stuff. CNN.com - Study: Obesity death risk overstated - Apr 20, 2005

Another strange idea from our legislature. Bill would give drivers a summer gas break. I think they are heading the wrong direction. Yes, I appreciate cheap gas. No, I can't afford to pay more. But from a policy & economics standpoint, higher priced gas will encourage conservation, more fuel efficient vehicles and driving. I also think that they are creating a headache for whoever has to review the receipts.

Another House of Representatives ethics investigation has been announced azcentral.com - House ethics panel to probe Tom DeLay. Since they last admonished DeLay, the Republican leadership replaced three of the Ethics' committee members for their role in the outcome. Will the replacements think for themselves? Or will they see what happened last time and avoid the Hammer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home