Off the Pan, Into the Fire

My journey through the realm of raising our sons...

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

What Does a Foot and Cottage Cheese Have In Common?

Foot found, or in Galen's case, foot aware. He's working up from grasping his calf to holding the foot, mostly the right one. The walking appendage is becoming a thing to behold. It has yet to become a suckling replacement for the fingers.

Try this. Open the fridge and find a container of cottage cheese, large curd would be best. Or maybe yogurt. Now go to the bathroom, open the container and smear this all over your face - now look in the mirror. See that face? This is how I found Galen yesterday. He seemed so happy about it too... Go figure. Did you enjoy it?

Pigeons. Did I mention I hate pigeons? I didn't mind them in Trafalgar Square, but that was about 20 years ago when I last visited. They don't bother me in downtown Phoenix. But they do in my own yard. They frolic at the pool edge and leave dropping. So over the weekend I installed two scarecrows. They are nothing more than a motion detector with a water sprinkler attached. I tried this earlier with some success, but the water hoses kept bursting in the Arizona sun, we would find water running into the street. Bad form. Sunday I trenched and placed irrigation hose underground. The location is more fixed than I would like, but the rocks are now defended. Time to do something for the roof.

We rented two movies over the weekend, Johnny English and Collateral. Johnny English was very silly, almost like watching a modern Mr. Bean. Humerous, but I am glad it was a rental and not at a full-priced theater. Collateral was good, how many ways can a hit man get a taxi driver to cooperate? And Vincent (Tom Cruise) was likeable at times, like when Max's (Jamie Foxx) boss get to be a pain and Vincent sets him straight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home