Off the Pan, Into the Fire

My journey through the realm of raising our sons...

Saturday, July 04, 2009

I took Galen to the 4th celebrations: or, how I wanted to pass out and sleep

Galen and I went to Chanhassen's 4th of July celebration. It started out simply enough, some lunch, the kid's roller coaster, and then the play ground for 45 minutes. Then it got muggy & hot. Then Galen wanted to ride the Tilt-a-whirl. Now as a kid, this was one of my favorites. I found that it is no longer true. The first rotation was innocuous, but then it got up to speed, and wooooosh, we were a twirling.

No, lunch did not come up, or even threaten to do so. But I got a headache, queasy and never quite recovered until I got home and into the comfort of AC.

I know what you are thinking - wimp. That's OK, but I stuck it out. After the Tilt-a-headache he road the kid-coaster yet again and went back to the playground. Then it was time for a snow cone (raspberry) and the parade.

Galen can now say he likes parades. There were horses, motorcycles, clowns, candy, dancers, cars, and even a airplane flyover.

I am ready for bed, but now it's time to go see the fireworks. Kabang.

1 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Blogger Grandma M said...

What are you going to do if you take the kids to Disney? You need to go before we are too old! Galen is the right age...another year for Liam! I love Disney...ps..the rides don't bother me..like upside down at all anymore tho! Well, the big rides of today scar the snot out of me...but rollercoaster, scrambler...etc, yea!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home